Since May 2014, ACORN members and organisers have....
- Listened to 5000+ residents of East Bristol and 1000+ residents in London, Birmingham and Newcastle;
- Engaged 250+ full member donors in Bristol, Brixton and Newham, 100 of whom became our founding members;
- Engaged 12,000+ network members in our campaigns for housing justice;
- Supported and trained 100+ leaders and volunteer community organisers;
- Held public actions and accountability meeting involving the participation of 300+ people;
- Won the backing of MP's, Bristol City Full Council, landlords, letting agents, national and local charities and student organisations for our Ethical Lettings Charter;
- Successfully influenced rogue landlords to halt rent rises and evictions, make repairs and agree rent returns worth 10's of £1000's;
- Won safer streets include new traffic signage and a full new crossing point in Brixton.
Harder to measure, but even more importantly, our work has developed political, leadership and negotiation skills of new community leaders, increased the collective confidence of renters, and the wellbeing of people facing stressful situations.
And sign up below to stay updated and get involved.